Advanced Search Options:
Search by Digits
Simply enter how many digits, letters or numbers, that you would like on your private registration to see a list that meets your needs.
This method of searching is great for potential Investors looking for a cherished dateless plate at low-cost.
Prefix Number Plates
Prefix number plates are one of the most recognisable and impacting styles of vehicle registrations. Introduced in '83, prefix number plates start with a letter representing the year of the registration.
Suffix Registration Plates
Suffix style registration plates, introduced in 1963, contain 3 letters, 2/3 numbers and a last letter to indicate the year the vehicle was registered, starting from "A" being 1963, "B" being 1964, and so on.
If you'd like a suffix registration, simply use our suffix plate builder for instant results that come with an unbeatable price tag.
Current Style Registrations
Current/New Style Registrations are the most recent types of Number Plates. They were first introduced in 2001.
Our search engine is the best in the business. Why? Because it converts ordinary everyday names or words into ready-to-buy number plates!
Simply enter your full name or initials, words of interest, or numbers relevant to you and our search engine will immediately start converting. Try it and see for yourself why it's the most advanced number plate search engine around.
Terms & Conditions
I) These terms and conditions apply to all business transactions carried out by New Reg Limited, hereinafter referred to as 'The Company'.
PO Box 911,
Telephone: 01772 566400
II) The person applying for the rights to display The Registration Mark from The Company and/or the recipient of The Registration Mark is hereinafter referred to as 'The Purchaser'.
III) The acrylic number plates supplied by The Company as part of this agreement are hereinafter referred to as 'The Number Plates'.
IV) COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE - Our firm is a Member of the Institute of Registration Agents and Dealers, and is governed by their strict rules and regulations. In the unlikely event that a problem cannot be resolved in-house, you can request arbitration, in writing, from the Secretary, MIRAD, PO Box 333, Southport, PR9 7GW.
V) Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Transfers are carried out by The Company in strict accordance with the DVLA and Department of Transport cherished transfer scheme and the appropriate regulations. The Purchaser agrees to comply with the 'Cherished Transfer Scheme'.
- It is the sole responsibility of The Purchaser to ensure that all the correct details are entered onto The Company internet form and submitted or given to The Company representative at the time of purchase. The Company representative shall use standard phonetics to refer to combinations requested by The Purchaser.
- The Registration Mark cannot be used to make a vehicle look younger than it actually is, for example, 'S' prefix marks can only be assigned to vehicles first registered as new on or after the 1st of August, 1998.
- The Registration Mark must be displayed correctly. To mis-space or mis-represent the letters and numbers in any way is an offence under the Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 1971. Subsequently all registration marks sold by The Company are sold on the understanding that The Number Plates will be displayed in accordance with Section 17 of the Road Vehicles Regulations Act 1971.
- In the event that The Registration Mark is a previously 'Unissued Government Stock registration mark', our service and obligation are fully discharged by securing and acquiring The Registration Mark on behalf of The Purchaser; specifying the chosen nominee on the V750 Certificate of Entitlement.
- Under The Consumer Contracts Regulations, The Company must notify you that the service we provide begins as soon as The Registration Mark is reserved on your behalf, subsequently there is no 'cooling off period', the transaction cannot be reversed and no refund can be given.
- If requested, The Company will handle the transfer of The Registration Mark to a vehicle registered of The Purchaser for a basic transfer charge of £29.40. If additional connected transfers or retentions are required simultaneously The Company will charge an additional administration charge of £29.40.
- The Purchaser agrees to send the recipient vehicle documents as requested by The Company within 3 weeks, unless otherwise arranged and documented within our system and confirmed by us in writing.
- In the event that The Company is unable to submit the necessary paperwork to the DVLA within 12 weeks from receipt of all The Purchaser documents, and provided that The Purchaser is not responsible for the failure, The Company will refund payment in full.
- In no circumstances shall The Company be made responsible for any failed transfers or disappointments. In such cases any payment made shall be refunded in full, provided that the failure is through no fault of The Purchaser. The Company liability is strictly limited to a full refund only and no claims for damages, interest on money paid or any other expenses shall be entertained; whether or not The Company has been made aware of these items.
- The Retention Certificate or Certificate of Entitlement displaying The Company as the grantee or purchaser shall only be released upon receiving a signed authority to do so from The Purchaser. There are some registration marks that The Company will not be able to supply on a certificate. In such circumstances, The Purchaser must send recipient vehicle documents.
- In the event that the Retention Certificate or Certificate of Entitlement are subsequently lost or misplaced by The Purchaser; The Company will apply for a duplicate certificate on behalf of The Purchaser for an administration charge of £29.40.
- In the unlikely event that the donor vehicle fails to meet the requirements of the DVLA, The Company will refund payment in full.
- Whilst every attempt is made to ensure the fastest possible transfer, The Company cannot guarantee any specific time period for the entire transfer.
- The Company cannot accept responsibility for delays or errors caused by the postal system, electronic mail, the DVLA, any unforeseen circumstances or any failure or delay on the part of the donor or the recipient vehicles.
- All prices given exclude the DVLA transfer fee and in some instances VAT unless otherwise indicated.
- If final payment is not honoured within 3 weeks from the date of purchase then The Company reserves the right to cancel this agreement. The date of purchase is indicated by the date on which the part payment was first taken. In the event that The Purchaser fails to honour the purchase The Company shall retain the part payment made to cover our administration costs. In addition, The Company reserves the right to recover any loss of profit suffered in the sale of the mark subject to our duty to mitigate the loss. The Company also reserves the right to seek performance of the contract.
- The Purchaser may pay the remainder of the outstanding purchase price by credit card, although The Company will charge an additional 1.8% handling charge for Visa/MasterCard or an additional 4% handling charge for American Express. Cards such as Visa Delta do not incur an additional handling charge. In all cases, The Company must have signed instruction to debit the outstanding amount from your card.
- For payments by cheque that fail to clear, The Company will charge an administration charge of £29.40; please note that The Company works on the understanding that all cheques take 7 working days to clear.
- Where a registration mark is previously an Unissued Government Stock registration mark, acrylic number plates must be purchased from The Company at an extra cost to you. Number plates shall be despatched to The Purchaser upon receipt of identity documentation: For a full list of acceptable documentation please click here. Please note that it is against the law to display The Number Plates before the transfer has been completed.
- If The Registration Mark you are purchasing is a previously 'Unissued Government Stock registration mark'; the name of the person or company in whose name the vehicle is to be registered shall be specified as the nominee. These details can be added to or changed later for an administration charge of £29.40 payable to The Company. DVLA will not accept an application by The Purchaser to amend the document.
- If you choose to sell The Registration Mark before assigning it to your vehicle you must provide The Company with the name of the new buyer in writing, in addition to any relevant fees payable for additional service(s) as shown in these Terms and Conditions.
- If The Registration Mark you are purchasing is a previously 'Unissued Government Stock registration mark'; it must be assigned to a vehicle in the name specified as the nominee. The Company has no way of knowing if The Purchaser has assigned The Registration Mark and if The Registration Mark is not assigned within this period The Purchaser rights shall lapse. In such circumstances the purchase price shall not be refunded. The Certificate of Entitlement is valid for 10 years from the date of purchase and New Reg strongly advise you to assign the mark in ample time to avoid paying any additional fees. In the event that assignment is not carried out by you, the entitlement period may be extended for a further 10 years for an administration charge of £29.40 payable to The Company. DVLA will not accept an application by The Purchaser to extend the entitlement period.
- In the event that The Purchaser fails to respond to The Company correspondence with regards to the pending lapse of the V778 Retention Certificate or V750 Certificate of Entitlement, The Company reserve the right to apply for an extension at our own cost and assume ownership of The Registration Mark; and consider the purchase void.
- No verbal conditions or guarantees expressed or implied shall have effect on these terms and conditions unless written and initialled by one of the Directors of The Company.
- The Company reserves the right to transmit all or part of the recorded telephone call to The Purchaser or a third party at our discretion, recordings remain the property of The Company at all times. Recordings are routinely kept for one calendar month; subsequently all queries should be brought to the attention of The Company within this period. At The Company's discretion and subject to the above time constraint, we may supply a copy of a conversation for a cost of £29.40.
- If any term, provision, covenant or condition of this agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected, impaired or invalidated.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in respect of the purchase.
- This agreement shall be governed and constructed in accordance with English Law each party thereto submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Breakdown Of Charges
|Number Plate Additions|
|Hiline / Carbon / 3D font||£5.40|
|Euro Symbol / Union Jack / English / Scottish / Welsh flag||£5.40|
|Handling Charge (payable per transaction)|
|Minimum Fee||Maximum Fee|
|Electron / Maestro||£0.00||£0.00|
|Visa Debit / Delta / MasterCard Debit||£0.00||£0.00|
|Visa Card / MasterCard||£8.50||1.8% of total|
|American Express||£15.00||4% of total|
|Copy of recorded telephone call - This fee is charged per recording.||£29.40|